In Version 4.05CD and less member goes to data base files and data areas
names.  Not sure of the later releases.  To make sure everything works file
workstation names of 8 or less is recommended.

Here is a copy of some BPCS help DOC ments

We use TCP/IP but we control the workstation names.  We have some with fixed
workstations and the rest use IN001 to IN500

@   JOB CONTROL

    Workstation Members

    Workstation members are created by selected transaction programs.  The

    new member name for each file is normally based on the workstation id.

    Exceptions to this are detailed on the following pages.

    Workstation members are cleared (not deleted) by the file update

    programs.  Members are also created as required in the physical files

    upon which the logical files are based.

     THE FIRST EIGHT CHARACTERS OF EACH WORKSTATION ID MUST BE

          UNIQUE.

    NOTE:  The creation of a Data Area for workstaion job queue and

    overrides assigns a 'Q' prefix to the workstation ID.  Any networking

   protocol which automatically creates device IDs assigning ten

   characters to it can experience problems when the data area is created.

   The added prefix will cause the ID to be truncated as it exceeds the

   ten character limit.  If unique device IDs differ by the rightmost

   character only, truncation of the right most character will result in

   assignment of the same data area to multiple devices.  Some networking

   protocols dynamically asign workstation IDs.  If a user signs off, then

   signs on again, a different workstation ID may be created.

   Unpredictable results may occur.  TCP/IP is a known networking protocol

   which demonstrates these problems and is not recommended for use with

   BPCS.