From: Monika_Rossocha@PLANAR.COM [mailto:Monika_Rossocha@PLANAR.COM]
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2002 4:13 PM
To: bpcs-l@midrange.com
Subject: Reflecting complexity of corporate structure in account string

Hi,

we are currently using five string segments (company, business, geography,
legal entity, location), an account and a department number to organize our
GL data.
This creates some input work and maintenance requirements although we are
not a complex conglomerate.

I'm seeking information on how other companies use these segments as
compared to how complex the company structure is. Do you have redundancies
in your string like having a segment for location and one for company
although location and company would be unique identifiers.

I found that making use of 5+2 segments for GL transactions makes creating
and maintaining FRW row definitions quite cumbersome.

Has anyone reduced the number of string segments used after finding that
you were duplicating information?

Thank you,

Monika