Hi,

The ECM product actually uses SMGs to get the data into BPCS.

The SMGs (Semantic Messaging Gateways) allow you to post data from outside
of BPCS through normal BPCS programs into the BPCS database. The connection
to the SMGs is up to you to define if you are writing your own front-end -
it can be batch processing, data queues or interactive. They exist from
6.0.02 and higher releases of BPCS.

The required data is mapped into BPCS programs via map files designed for
each programmic gateway. Gateways exist for a large number of base BPCS
programs (availability is dependent upon your BPCS release). The data is
sent in any order using the SDO 'tagged' format as a 'message' through the
SMGs, which pass it into BPCS through the already existing Client/Server
display program interface. If required data is missing or invalid, a normal
BPCS error will be sent back through the messaging infrastructure to the end
application using the gateways. The interface to the SMGs can be customized
to suit your needs (ie, outside programming is required to implement the
SMGs).

However, some ready-made solutions for specific BPCS functions using SMGs
already exist and are marketed by SSA GT (including the ECM product, and the
Lotus Connector). Contact your SSA GT Sales Representative to find out more
about any of these products.

Future development plans exist to provide even more functionality and ease
of implementation in this area of interoperability - via use of XML and
other new technologies.

Thanks,

Genyphyr Novak
SSA GT