Terri,
Answer to your question is yes, if you want to purchase a TurnOver - (AS/400
Programmer Worklist Manager Workshop) to resolve your issue. Great Tool.
But if you are small shop, likely don't want to spend such money.

Some of my recommendations:
1: You can use "F14=Saved Definitions" function to restore deleted action
diagrams. This only works if you always save at edit.

2: Use "9. Save / Restore functions" rather than copy to sets. This way you
don't have to run the pre-processor next time you compile and it remembers
Member & Object names. You still have to delete original definition before
you restore. Although F14=Saved Definitions function do work, I usually save
an old copy to be safe. ex: BIL550B to BIL550BSV.

3: I make an old object copy before moving a new object to Live. ex: BIL550B
to BIL550SV, BIL550O to BIL550OSV. This way if something goes wrong I can
quickly restore old objects.

Hope this help.

Sonny Kim
Information Service