BPCS does have a Receivable Purge in BPCS 405 CD.

The Purge program is ACR900.

The days to retain is in the BPCS System Generation screen SYS800-11

Accounts Receivable History Transactions        00915

Here is the screen from ACR900

Company         To Close                                (ALL)

Close Through Date              99/99/99        (MDY)

Here is the help text from ACR900

FIELD DESCRIPTIONS - ACR900-01

Company (3,A):

Enter the code of the company being closed or ALL to designate all
companies for closing.
:
When you enter a range of companies (or leave the range blank to

access all companies), BPCS returns the authorized companies to the

calling program while omitting any unauthorized records.

Close Through Date (6,0)

Enter the close through date, in the format specified in the System

Parameters file, by which the system is to process groups.  The

system will close (mark for deletion) all zero documents (remaining

due=0) that have posting dates less than the date entered here.

These documents can be seen as History Transactions in the Account

Inquiry (ACR300) program.  These posting dates are the posting dates
of the transaction(s) which cleared the receivable to zero (0).

Enter 999999 here to close ALL zero document groups.

NOTE: A record is marked for logical deletion based upon the Close
Through Date.  A record is physically deleted from the file if:

-  it has been marked for deletion as indicated above

-  the difference between the current date and the record's posting
dates is greater than the number of days specified in the System
Parameters program (SYS800).  This number is specified on the panel
titled "Transaction History System Parameters" in the field named
"Enter the number of days to keep A/R history transactions on-line."

Maybe some of your records have conversion issues.

Hope this helped.