Thanks to all for the information on PO Receipts.

-----Original Message-----
From: bpcs-l-admin@midrange.com [mailto:bpcs-l-admin@midrange.com]On
Behalf Of Art Shaffer
Sent: Friday, January 04, 2002 2:00 PM
To: bpcs-l@midrange.com
Subject: RE: PO Receipts

The inventory transaction effect specifies if the PO receipt will be posted
to the G/L, the journal source and the contra account code.

But the GL account that the receipt posts to depends on how the other
related files are setup

The data in the Warehouse Master, Location Master, Item Master, Item Type,
Item Class, PO, Vendor Master, Vendor Type file relationships determine the
Company, Profit Center, and Accounts that will be posted when the PO receipt
in done.

Not to mention the account override that can be done when the invoice is
posted.

Arthur B. Shaffer, CPIM
Principal Consultant/Business Development Manager
ASAP - Advanced Systems and Products, Inc.
AShaffer@AS400Pros.com
Phone - 908-789-3237   Fax - 208-978-7735

APICS Region IX  Director - Publicity
(ABShaffer@yahoo.com)

Chairperson, Congress for Progress 27  (www.cp-apics.com)
Baltimore, MD- 4/17,18,19/02