Defining this honestly can be difficult.
I do not want to get into the security topics.

I use AL to sign onto the live data base.
I use ALE to sign onto the education data base.

Same person ... to sign onto education & test environment, just puts "E" at
the end of their name.  Not everyone uses the test environment, but if you
counting ZSC hits (that are not coded for deletion) it could seem inflated
for any of several reasons, or not have an exact count.

At one time we had a sign on NEW (user) USER (password) intended for training
new users ... it was restricted to certain menus & mainly inquiry ... when
the new user trained, they would be issued their regular sign on with
whatever access they needed.  I had to remove this because it was being
abused.  People were given it, never applied for their own sign on, their
supervisors wanted me to add all kinds of stuff to NEW access that was
inappropriate for trainees.

I have a sign on GURU intended for use by tech support people if they ever
dial in ... password to be changed between tech support calls.  It has never
been used because every time someone calls tech support, they have the tech
support person use THEIR sign on, then after tech support done, I remind them
to change their password.

The count I provided SSA was number of warm bodies really using BPCS, except
where several warm bodies sharing terminals ... like out in the factory we
have work stations setup for inquiry only.  They use a variation on NEW USER,
but I count them as 8 users ... 8 terminals - 1 user at each.  Also in some
departments there are a bunch of people working an office, but only 1 user
for that department on BPCS at a time.

If we had an audit based on ZSC the count would be much lower than the number
we gave SSA, because my count is warm bodies, not sign ons.  The reason I
estimate lower rather than inflated is because of our volume of NEW user type
access where I am counting all the terminals in use by general factory
inquiry as one user per terminal.