From: MacWheel99@aol.com
To: bpcs-l@midrange.com
Sent: 12/1/01 4:45 PM
Subject: Re: Shop order production reporting

We are on BPCS 405 CD & not using Bar Coding but have looked at it a
couple
times as a possibility.

1. Ask SSA about sunshine version on CIM.
It was my understanding that CIM got replaced with some other
application
module to handle bar coding.  Perhaps my mind is getting confused with
some
thing else like EDI.

2. Ask SSA about Bar Coding software that works well with BPCS.
It is my understanding that native BPCS does not do the whole job.
You have to buy some other package that runs on the PC to capture the
bar
coded information & pass it up to BPCS.  The PC gets a download of what
items
orders work centers etc. are valid, then it accepts batches of data
replicating what you might have reported via INV500 JIT600 or whatever,
and
processes them through the BPCS JOBQ.

There are many outfits out there with PC packages for capturing bar
coded
information, but not all of them do a good job of talking to BPCS.
Check out

www.rtdcs.com = REALTime Data Collection Solutions, Inc. (RTDCS)

http://www.apics.org
http://www.CIMdata.com

Check the archives of both BPCS-L & Midrange_L for relevant topics like
Data
Collection ... there was a thread a few days ago on Midrange_L about
Kronos,
which is another outfit that handles Time & Attendance.  I thought I had
other links but now forget what I did with them.

BPCS 405 CD Manager / Programmer @ Global Wire Technologies Incorporated
http://www.globalwiretechnologies.com = new name same quality wire
engineering company: fax # 812-424-6838

> From: BNorris@wittern.com (Beth Norris)

>  We are on BPCS version 6.04, mixed mode.
>
>  We are currently posting shop orders using the SFC650 backflushing
for
labor