Johnson,

In a message dated 11/30/01 6:19:19 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
Johnson_Zhao@bba-nonwovens.com writes:

<<snip>>
>   Anyone can give me a more detailed descriptions on how to create this
kind of
>  CL program. If you can send me a sample CL program to do this kind of
stuffs,
>   this will be very great. You can email your replies to me by
>  Johnson_zhao@bba-nonwovens.com

CL programming is _NOT_ an appropriate question for this list.  CL is the
base language of the AS/400, and is available to all -- regardless of whether
or not you have purchased application development tools or a compiler.  I
recently wrote a CL program to do what you ask.  I created a file that
contained the ten character query name and a batch/interactive flag as
follows, although I do not presume to have correct syntax offline:

PGM

        DCLF (MEQUERY) [containing "querynam" for the query name and
        "batchori" for batch or interactive]

READ:

        RCVF MEQUERY
        MONMSG (CPF2103) GOTO CMDLBL(END)

        IF COND(&BATCHORI *EQ "I") THEN(RUNQRY(&QUERYNAM)
        RCDSLT(*YES)

        IF COND(&BATCHORI *EQ "B" THEN(SBMJOB CMD(RUNQRY
        &QUERYNAM)

        GOTO CMDLBL(READ)

END:

        ENDPGM

This program is written strictly from memory and is not necessarily correct
(especially as regards CPF2103, which should be "end of file").  If you do
not already _KNOW_ how to write CL, I doubt that this will help.  I hope that
it will help others...

Regards,

Dean Asmussen
Enterprise Systems Consulting, Inc.
Fuquay-Varina, NC  USA
E-mail:  DAsmussen@aol.com

"Children have more need of models than of critics." -- Carolyn Coats