From:   Randy S. Merle [SMTP:rmerle@crowechizek.com]
Sent:   Wednesday, November 21, 2001 1:24 PM
To:     bpcs-l@midrange.com; dweaver1@mmm.com
Subject:        Re: Poor Response Times

There is one more option that you should check on.  If response time
appeared to degrade after a certain date you may have a problem with some
logical files on your 400 getting corrupted.  A client of mine had a
similar experience after a power failure.  They were instructed to enter
the command EDTRBDAP which stands for "Edit Rebuild of Access Paths" and
found that they had 33 pages of corrupt logical files.  If an ITH logical
that INV300 uses has been corrupted this may be causing your problem.

After this command was processed their performance increased to the normal
level that they had experienced prior to the power failure.

Please work with your 400 technical support prior to using this command.

Feel free to call me if you would like more information

Randy Merle, Director/BPCS Project Executive
Crowe, Chizek and Company, LLP
Direct:  (317) 706 - 2614
Cell:      (317) 752 - 5260
Fax:      (317) 706 - 2660

                    dweaver1@mmm.co
                    m                     To:     bpcs-l@midrange.com
                    Sent by:              cc:
                    bpcs-l-admin@mi       Subject:     Poor Response Times
                    drange.com

                    11/21/2001
                    04:58 AM
                    Please respond
                    to bpcs-l

We use BPCS V6.0.04 & have a large 'ITH' file (1.4 million records).
Response times for the 'Material Status Enquiry' (INV300) using 'F21'
(history) have always been poor, but in the last few days typical response
times have become awful.
To try & reduce the size of 'ITH' I am trying to run 'Inventory Month End'
(INV903) & archive records to 'YTH'.
Does the 'Lot Trace Enquiry' (API300) still work ?

at http://archive.midrange.com/bpcs-l.

This message may contain privileged or confidential information.  If you
are not the intended recipient of this message, you may not make any use
of, or rely in any way on, this information, and you should destroy this
message and notify the sender by reply email.  Any opinions or advice
contained in this email are subject to the terms and conditions in any
applicable client engagement letter or service agreement.