Rick,

What is the filter selection you enter, or do you leave it as default?
Are you also noticing this on displaying "Void" events as well?

If the filter selection is left as the BPCS installed defaults (i.e. for
Events Processing is 0000 - 9999 or '*'), then as the number of events
increases in the system,  the response time could be slower, because you are
searching the whole of the GHH file for an event that may be in maintain
status.
I imagine the key for the search uses the Year/Period/Ledger/Book/Event
name/Event number range first before checking if an event is in maintain
status or not.

If your filters are not already restricted, then I suggest you try just
changing the year/period to be current and see if makes any difference.
Alternatively, have you upgraded the AS/400 operating system recently?
There has been a lot of correspondence in this mailing list on various SQL
fixes to the latest IBM releases, which may impact on the GUI performance.

Hope this helps

Tony Cregg

Senior Consultant

ESS Ltd