i have a scenerio listed below in which BPCS allows a customer, who is put
on customer hold, to get their orders that were processed prior to this
hold being implemented shipped.

can anyone provide some information / things they have done to help with
this situation.

In BPCS a customer order goes on credit hold when the order amount is over
the customers credit limit.  This is calculated by BPCS by adding the open
AR balance plus the open order balance.  Earlier orders are not put on
hold.  Orders are released from this hold when their AR balance is reduced
by payments or credits that have been issued or can be overridden manually
by the credit department.   One customers orders were no longer on  credit
hold as we had received a payment from them last week.

In BPCS when a customer is placed on customer hold only orders that are
entered after the customer is on customer hold are placed on hold.  Unless
an order already in the system is maintained, orders entered prior to the
hold being turned on do not go on customer hold.  Customer hold is not
retroactive.  So this customers orders were not on customer hold as they
had been entered prior to being placed on customer hold.

In the BPCS customer master there are flags to check customer and credit
holds at time of order entry (which is the one we generally use), and one
to check for hold at time of order entry and time of pick release.   If you
use the flag to check at time of pick release, and there is an order that
we've decided to ship and released the specific order from hold, even
though the customer is on credit or customer hold, it causes a loop in the
shipment function which will not allow the order to be picked.  The
customers flag had been changed back to check order at order entry only,
because of some no charge orders that needed to ship.

Therefore, the system allowed the customers orders to be shipped even
though the customer had been informed that there would be no shipments
pending receipt of  $30k for their past due balances and we had put them on
customer hold.