> Hi all,
>
>  We are live with version 6.1.01. I was wondering if there is a possibility
>  within BPCS where I can look up all transactions in the customer master
over
> a given period for a given customer.
>  I looked at the spoolfiles, but this is not the solution (they are deleted
>  every couple of days and we have too many users).
>
>  Thanks in advance for your assistance,

We are on BPCS 405 but I imagine your reality will be similar.

There is a file called ITH Inventory History Detail, in which the population
of the fields varies by type of transaction.  I suggest you first look at
INV355 I think it is (INV menu then inquiries etc. secondary menu) & select
any transaction type, then scroll through the types ... this will tell you
what types of transactions are setup on your system & what types of activity
they impact ... customer / factory / purchasing / costs / etc.  This will not
tell you what distribution there is at your site.

We have a query/400 that does a count on transaction type.  You might want
something similar to see which are actually being used at your company.

When you think you have transactions identified of interest to your current
need, such as "B" which is generated by shipping activity before the actual
billing, from command line RUNQRY *N ITH then F4 & on the bottom make that
*YES then on the selection screen ... get cursor to bottom 1/2 & scroll to
get precise name of transaction type field & select that EQ 'B' & enter so
that you can see with F20 the kind of stuff that the "B" transaction gets
populated with.  See if you can tell which reference field gets the customer
#, PO #, other connections to customer information.

Note that the $ information refers to the value AT THE TIME of the
transaction.  Your costs & prices may have changed since.  Also if you have
to do any corrections to your shipping, those corrections many not show up in
the same files.

For example, if something went out with price missing or incorrect & you do a
billing adjustment that does not spell out the item #s involved, then
analysis by item history won't show the actual pricing that was billed.

There is also a file SLH which is history of the detail lines on your
invoices in billing.

You might also look at SSD & SSH which are monthly totals of activity by
customer & item combination.  With a little experimentation you can determine
that month one means what was in last end-month processing, month two is two
months ago, and so forth.

RAR contains detail receivables.

There are ES* files with copies of shipping details.
There are EC* files with history of shipments, so long as the customer orders
still valid.

You need to be sensitive to the retention of data in various files.  When the
customer order has been filled, the bill paid, retention time period from
SYS800 reached, end fiscal run, some of this history data goes away.  The
rules are different for different BPCS files.

Crowe Chizek has a history of customer order changes offering.  Basically
each nite we make a copy of the customer order files, then next nite compares
& creates a history of what changed for various fields of interest, such as
the price, due date, quantity.  We can then look at history of changes in
areas of interest.

This theory could be applied to any file.

BPCS 405 CD Manager / Programmer @ Global Wire Technologies Incorporated
http://www.globalwiretechnologies.com = new name same quality wire
engineering company: fax # 812-424-6838