> From: bpcsusergroup0@yahoo.com (Roy Smith)
>
>  Hello!!
>  We are on BPCS 6.1.01, mix mode on AS400.
>  We have thousand of records in ILI file, with
>  lid="LZ". In which condition record becomes "LZ",
>  And what should we do to remove such records
>
>  Thanks for any response!!!

LZ means soft deleted.

Most BPCS files use "Z" inside the record id
to identify deleted records.

Most files will have the deleted records go away in the normal course of
weekly & monthly operations, assuming you are doing the complete cycle, but
sometimes the documentation gets misplaced during personnel turn over, and I
said MOST FILES ... some of them need management outside of what BPCS is set
up to provide for for.

Also BPCS in theory should not let you delete something that is being used
some place else, but there are some exceptions to that rule.

Basically you should have a record in ILI for various combinations of
ITEM WAREHOUSE LOCATION LOT that have actual inventory,
but it is not desirable to have a record for every possible combination,
particularly those that have been zero for a while.
Due to a variety of things that go on in BPCS there is a timing issue of when
in the weekly, monthly cycle that it makes smart sense to clean out your dead
records.

SYS menu has option 23 to REORG menu.
Option 12 off that menu SYS120 then F6 F18 F6 F6 takes us about 1 hour to run
& we run it several nites a week, when no other concurrent activity happening
in BPCS.
It reorganizes 95% of the BPCS files, removing both hard & soft deleted
records such as the "LZ"

There is an option INV970 which we run after INV900 in our month end except
in months that we are doing a physical inventory, because of our sequence of
actually doing the physical inventory tags before all transactions for prior
month finished posting.  This gets rid of all items & locations & warehouses
combinations from ILI & IWI files that have zero inventory.  We do not use
lot control ... I imagine ILN is also involved in this.  It is safe for us to
do this only immediately after INV900 & before transactions for the new month
& of course no other concurrent activity in BPCS.

INV970 takes us like 3 minutes to run.
There is another option which claims to do IWI only but it takes like 2 hours
to run.

Visit the BPCS L archives & search for REORG
since there has been a lot of past traffic on what stuff people should
ordinarily run daily weekly monthly & in what sequence, so as to properly
manage BPCS files.

http://archive.midrange.com/bpcs-l/index.htm

We have researched which of these reorg options are relevant to us, what
sequence they should be run in, and we have added our own menus to make it
easy to run in the correct sequence on the correct schedule.  Past postings
on BPCS_L have helped us refine our lists.

Even though various reorg options take us a few minutes to an hour, we have
been running them like that for a while.  The first time took much longer.

BPCS 405 CD Manager / Programmer @ Global Wire Technologies Incorporated
http://www.globalwiretechnologies.com = new name same quality wire
engineering company: fax # 812-424-6838