Hello,

Actually, the reply below was incorrect. Sorry for the late reply. The
AS/SET documentation shows the op code used by SYS900B to obtain the date
would return the system date, but the actual RPG code which is generated
gets the job date, regardless. This is an AS/SET shortcoming and mistake in
the AS/SET documentation - there is actually no AS/SET op code which gets
the true system date (QDATE) on the AS/400.

This is documented by BMR 43578, and which is finally corrected in V8 at a
release break. No matter how many times SYS900B is called on prior releases,
the date remains constant and is always the date the job began. Note that
this is only an AS/400 problem.

On Unix it has always returned the system date, because the SYS900B program
uses a C function to get the date, and this has always retrieved the system
date. There is only an issue if the date was retrieved in the program before
midnight, and then was not updated again and the program runtime went across
midnight.

On the AS/400 it is definitely getting the job date, and numerous complaints
can be traced to this fact. For example, if you have a DFS (fat client)
ALAUNCH Daemon sitting out waiting for a connection from a Friday, and on
Monday someone connects to that daemon - the date given to all the programs
who request it will be Friday's date because that is when the daemon job was
started. No matter how many times you call SYS900B, the result is the same.
Therefore, the person who logs in running order entry on 6004 with an old
daemon job will have an old date on the orders. The workaround is to bring
down and restart your daemons at midnight.

This is true for all BPCS V6 releases, and is corrected in V8 to be the
system date, since SYS900B was re-written into ILE C for faster performance,
and now uses the same date/time function which were always used on Unix,
providing consistency across the platforms.

Thanks

Genyphyr Novak
SSA Global Technologies