> Sometimes ago, there were mails exchanged about BPCS documentation being
> offered by different vendors. Actually one of our customer needs it and if
someone
> can pass me few links, I'll be grateful.

When the BPCS_L archives are operational (midrange dot com has had bad luck
with ISPs & good luck with the competence of its technical management) check
out
http://archive.midrange.com/bpcs-l/index.htm

There you will find various people talking about various sources of BPCS
documentation that they have used.

In the mean time, when at BPCS menus, key DOC & enter.
The on-line BPCS documentation isn't great but every installation has it.
You need SYS security or SYS600 entries to optimize user access.
It is in source file BPCSDOC which is also accessible via PDM.
It might be constructive to get a hold of the SEU documentation from IBM for
the purpose of helping users see how to work that old programmer "search
engine" which will be unfamiliar to the PC generation.

The first document in this collection for the computer staff to review should
be SSALOG00 ... the BPCS Internal Logic Guide.

SSA GT has classes in BPCS in which attendees get copies of the handouts,
which look very much like a directory of all the menus & explanations of all
the choices, and in depth explanation for people who need to become very
knowledgeable in each application, but this can become overwhelming, and like
the on-line DOC it is not well indexed for the beginner who seeks answers to
questions in areas where they not yet proficient.
www.ssagt.com

UPI is one of many 3rd party places that offer classes in various aspects of
BPCS.
They also sell the manuals that come with the various classes.
What makes UPI education & documentation stand out in the crowd is that they
have created flow charts of the steps that people need to follow to manage
individual applications, so you get a big picture of how the various pieces
of BPCS fit together.
http://www.unbeatenpathintl.com/services.html

The manuals are great, but not as great as attending one of their classes.

Other useful education includes how to work Query/400 or whatever tool is to
be used by the staff to access the BPCS data base, and perhaps something from
http://www.apics.org
on the theory of how manufacturing can best be managed.

Many 3rd party vendors have newsletters about manufacturing topics & BPCS in
specific.  Some of these newsletters can be downloaded from their web sites.
I think the older Nex Gen newsletters are better than the more recent ones,
from the perspective of offering in depth articles how to use various
features of BPCS effectively.
http://www.nexgeninfo.com/

There are various BPCS user group conferences from time to time.
SSA GT sponsors one - I not remember the dates, I think one coming up soon in
Florida.
There are BPCS user groups in various parts of the USA that have regular
meetings & some have annual conferences.
There is one sponsored by Crowe Chizek & sometimes the handouts from some of
the seminars & presentations make it to their web site.
I do not have any specific URL, but you might start hunting from
http://www.crowechizek.com/

Perhaps what your client needs is the BPCS Overview Reference Manual from
www.dssolutionsinc.com
Especially if you want to know what all those status codes mean & what those
fields are for & find the BPCS on-line access to the explanations to be a bit
cumbersome.

Perhaps what your staff needs is the IBM Redbook for BPCS Performance
Administration - sorry, I do not have the URL handy.

You might also check out the Midrange Vendor Resources at Midrange dot com
home page ... the last time I looked, there was not a category like ERP, but
there were several BPCS vendors there that have BPCS documentation.