  • Subject: Re: Security (was Inventory history)
  • From: "Charlie Massoglia" <cmassoglia@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 11:25:59 -0400

From sunny Malaysia:

With the proper use of object security, allowing users access to QUERY can
be easily controlled.  Many of our users use QUERY extensively to perform
their own data analysis.  Prohibiting them from using QUERY would add to an
already overburdened IT department.

While I agree unrestricted access to commands should be prevented, I fail to
see why you would not want to encourage your users to use query.  Note you
can also control how users use QUERY to prevent them from hogging the
machine.

Charles L.Massoglia, President
Massoglia Technical Consulting, Inc.
cmassoglia@voyager.net
In MI 517-676-9700 or in NC 919-363-9395