  • Subject: Re: Mystery files
  • From: "Devin Bowen" <devinbowen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 13:29:34 -0700

EIL            Invoiced Lot File                       -   this file outlines all lots shipped and the associated invoice
IPP          Pick List File                             -   not really needed after order is shipped (pick slip cannot be regenerated anyway) - safe to remove records from previous years for sure
MBI           ECO Event Log (from MBM reorg?)     -   no experience with this file so I can't comment
ZEF          Order Entry Error File                -   work file - records not needed
ZPD          Print Detail Workfile                  -   records can be purged from this file - keep in mind doc regen will not be possible after
ZQWAP    Queue Work File - Activity         -   work file - records not needed
ZQWRP    Queue Work File - Response     -   work file - records not needed

there is a document available on OGS outlining work files and which files can have records removed from them without harm.

    I was investigating why our BPCSF library is growing, and discovered some files I didn't know about.  We are on V6.0.4, mixed mode.  We are not using lot control. My question is can I delete, clear, or purge these files? Does BPCS have purge programs available? Some of these files have records going back to 1998! Most of these files have hundreds of thousands of records.

EIL            Invoiced Lot File
IPP          Pick List File
MBI           ECO Event Log (from MBM reorg?)
ZEF          Order Entry Error File
ZPD          Print Detail Workfile
ZQWAP    Queue Work File - Activity
ZQWRP    Queue Work File - Response