  • Subject: Fw: BPCS Integration query
  • From: "Manash Ghosh" <manash@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 10:09:22 +0530

Hi

We are working on an integration requirement with BPCS 4.5 and a B2B sell
side solution . This will entail real-time integration of backend BPCS with
the order management and catalogue management modules of a B2B sellside
solution. Currently the client uses BPCS 4.5 EDI channels to talk to
distrbutors for sales order processing.

We have thought of the following two alternatives to provide a viable
integartion solution to the client.

Option I : We can use EDI formats generated from BPCS, convert the same to
XML and push it to our sell side Apps.

Clarifications : What EDI apps are available in BPCS application ? To what
extent it can satisfy our requirement of  realtime order management
(including order tracking) and catalogue management ?

Option II : Building an adapter in MQ Series which will provide A2A
integration between BPCS 4.5 and the sell side solution.

Clarifications: Whether IBM MQ series will be a viable platform for
building an adapter for BPCS 4.5 . You can suggest us any other options for
integarting these two systems.