  • Subject: RE: BPCS 6.04 ECM Jesse Salazar
  • From: "Ben Rinkel" <ben.rinkel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 14:05:37 +0200

Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 10:02:51 -0500
From: "Jesse Salazar" <jesse.salazar@trin.net>
Subject: BPCS 6.04 ECM

We have some jobs running out of our scheduler that load ECC/ECM.

They load ECC/ECM each time into a pre-defined EDI subsystem.

Normally, these jobs remain active until we terminate during a weekly IPL.
Now, for some reason, as soon as they are released, they stay briefly in the
CPU, then terminate in an orderly fashion.

We've attempted to start ECC/ECM via control center, but unless we specify
the number of loops and  a delay interval,  the result is the same; ECC/ECM
stops.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Jesse Salazar
EDI Coordinator
Trinity Industries
jesse.salazar@trin.net

Jesse,

We provide EDI and ECM products and services for over 30 BPCS customers in
Europe. For BPCS we have built a product called BPCS EDI Integration Pack.
In here we have a STRECM (start ECM) and a STPECM (Stop ECM) function build
in.
These functions can be scheduled in your Back-up or pre-IPL programs, and
will close down ECM properly in a batch environment, and will start ECM in a
batch environment, including all your default ECM settings.

If you are interested in these 2 programs, let me know, so I can forward
these programs to you (or anybody else that is using ECM)

Regards,

Ben Rinkel
Electronic Commerce Solutions Int. B.V.
The Netherlands