  • Subject: Re: Labor Ticket last No.
  • From: MacWheel99@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 12:55:35 EST

>  From:    iph35@hotmail.com (Shing Yik Chen)
>
>  HI,
>
>  We are running C/S version of the BPCS and I would like to find out which
>  option in BPCS should I go to check for the last labor ticket no. that was
>  issued. Thank you..
>

>  B.Rgds,
>  Hilda

Warning - accessing this information requires that your BPCS security level
be extremely high.  Ordinary BPCS users are banned from being able to see
this.

We are on version 405 CD & at that version this kind of information is stored
in ZPA system parameters file, whose contents can be printed off of the SYS
menu, and you may also be able to inquire into individual record status, if
you can figure out how to navigate the file, or you can do a 3rd party
software tool to dump its contents.  The layout involves access by the
program that needs the information - so once you figure out the index, you
want to be looking for what is in there for SFC600 which is the RPG program
used by SFC600C and JIT600C when creating new labor tickets being reported
back to BPCS.

If you currently have batches of labor tickets being processed, that have not
yet got through SFC620 or JIT620 job streams, you might look in file-FLT
member-WORK which is where BPCS stores labor ticket batches that people are
still working on.

This shows up on the 610 edit lists for current batches.  Due to a problem we
have with work stations sometimes getting discombubillated in the middle of
BPCS update, we have added a report to list current contents of the FLT-WORK.

After the tickets have been posted, they end up in ITH file & FLT file & you
can link the inventory story in ITH with the labor efficiency story in FLT.
I am not sure of the precise timing of ITH being populated with inventory
impact of JIT6* labor transactions.  Remembering that both files can be
rather large (we have over 1 million records in our ITH) & that various
programmer tools (Query, SQL, RPG) can return the largest # issued, you could
read transactions of recent date vintage & output the largest labor ticket #
from there.

Warning - if you do a mixture of JIT600 & SFC600, you need to focus on the
largest number sent FLT, because only JIT6* populates ITH, not SFC6*.

AS/400 Data Manager & Programmer for BPCS 405 CD Rel-02 mixed mode (twinax
interactive & batch) @ http://www.cen-elec.com Central Industries of
Indiana--->Quality manufacturer of wire harnesses and electrical
sub-assemblies - fax # 812-424-6838

+---