  • Subject: ITH Population from JIT620
  • From: MacWheel99@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 15:57:56 EST

We on 405 CD
We typically have 4 people concurrently keying labor tickets via JIT600, and
recently have been getting them to do their JIT620 via single threaded same
JOBQ to cut down on the volume of collisions.

ITH has a Request Date.
We have been assuming that this date comes from shop order & is the date that
the material was needed.
Some of our CI transactions have this field as being blank or zero.
We have been assuming that this means the shop order had no need whatsoever
for the material, and the transaction was probably issued in error & need to
be backed out.
Have we been asuming correctly?

ITH has a labor ticket number on CI PR RJ transactions from JIT620
FLT has a labor ticket number on labor ticket history
JIT6 audit trails show labor ticket number associated with input
We have been assuming that SFC600 assigns labor ticket number to the
transactions generated from screen-1 of some input through any data on
subsequent screens, so that a particular labor ticket number goes on all
output to ITH & FLT for all the issues against production & rejects, the
production, crew personnel, everything associated with that labor input until
next screen-1 starts.

We have found some CI PR transactions in ITH with no labor ticket #
We have been assuming those transactions got there through INV500 instead of
JIT620

We have found some ITH transactions in which the same labor ticket # shows up
on several different shop order #s  These also are blank or zero in request
date.

Latest example - labor ticket # 388617 has 24 ITH items involving 5 different
shop order #s.  The warehouse involved is identical.  It looks like from the
times of update close to 5 pm that it was all in one & the same JIT620 batch.

We have been assuming this is evidence of some kind of crash, like JIT620
getting hung & someone responding with "Retry" which can retry a string of
programs for all the transactions there.

There is one other circumstance that can "legitimately" cause something like
this.
Suppose labor is reported against some shop order in which there is say 250
quantity left to go until the order is finished, but the reported labot is
2,000 production.  JIT620 will try to spread the quantities around to post
against other shop orders on the same item, so you can end up with users
posting data against one shop order & BPCS transferring the work to other
shop orders, with no audit trail to let you know this is going on.

Are we missing any nuances in playing detective with these clues?

We have been having some incidents in which two people doing JIT620 at same
time & they collide, like SFC735 needs to update some record & the error
message does not identify where the lock conflict exactly is, then some
helper takes "Retry" option instead of "Go On" & it Retries far too many
transactions leading to duplicate bogus unwanted inventory transactions.
When this happens, there is supposed to be various people notification so
that corrections can be made, but sometimes notification falls through the
cracks of interruptions & forgetting who needs to know,

This might not be the only mishap we are having that is causing problems.

We would like to figure out what is the normal population of ITH for CI PR
etc. transactions, so that if we run a query listing CI PR etc. transactions
that are an exception to the normal population, that identifies for us what
needs repairs to our inventory accuracy.

AS/400 Data Manager & Programmer for BPCS 405 CD Rel-02 mixed mode (twinax
interactive & batch) @ http://www.cen-elec.com Central Industries of
Indiana--->Quality manufacturer of wire harnesses and electrical
sub-assemblies - fax # 812-424-6838

+---