Since we "own" the source (which the help text is a part of), and have the
right to modify it as we like, I can't imagine why changing the help text
to read how we want it to read (i.e., Spanish!) could be a problem.  Am I
missing something there?

I did find a software tool that converts English to Spanish and Spanish to
English ... for $150, it's worth a try.  While I have gotten responses off
line from several people looking to sell me "translation" services, I don't
think that's what I want to do.  We have quite a few people at our Mexican
facilities that are bilingual, so I'm hoping that if a software tool can do
an 80 - 90% accurate job, they can compare the result to the original
English and make the necessary changes.

While your suggestion about selecting the language in SYS600 sounds
logical, since they sell different Spanish and English versions, it stands
to reason that that option would only work if you've purchased both
versions.  (Just as a note, the Mexican consulting group we're working with
said that the Spanish version of BPCS is European Spanish, as opposed to
Latin American Spanish, which is apparently very different ... in their
opinion, we are much better off just using the English!)

MacWheel99@aol.com@midrange.com on 03/06/2001 02:26:01 AM

Please respond to BPCS-L@midrange.com

Sent by:  owner-bpcs-l@midrange.com