  • Subject: Re: "Record in use" message & resulting mess
  • From: Zzbpcs@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 13:33:09 EST

In a message dated 1/19/01 1:01:01 AM Eastern Standard Time,
stagis@fansteelvrwesson.com writes:

if the terminal goes down in the
middle of receiving, for instance, when somebody decides ram a forklift into
the power line, the terminal will die, the program won't complete it's
processing on tat record, adn the PO will forever say "In use" until it's
repaired....

I agree that some fields may not be updated due to 'mechanical' problems.
In that case, the program gently tells user that the record is in use by
someone else.
However, I was refering to an RPG error stating, "record cannot be updated
because it is still locked by another user" ( the original posting spoke of
F1 for help then F10 for job log in order to see who locked the
record...)These are two distinctly different scenarios with 2 different
causes and 2 different solutions.

Jim