  • Subject: Performance in 6.1.01 fixed - sort of.
  • From: "Rob Stagis" <stagis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 10:57:20 -0500

V6.1 to V6.1.01 conversion performance prob:

I found, after LOTS of digging around, a damaged object in the data library.
Every time I did a DSPLIB I would get a machine check (permanent system
error, etc.).  I was doing a DSPLIB to find any excessively large files,
which was an issue after their S36 to V6.1 update.

Anyway - ESRL07 was damaged.  I deleted it, rebuilt it and the system came
back to what passes for normal.

HOWEVER - when somebody posts an order (and they're using the configurator),
I do a WRKSYSSTS, and Active-to-wait in QINTER's subsystem has actually
peaked beyond 50,000.  (That's not a misprint - their system usually runs
with active-to-wait under 50, or at most, under 100.  Needless to say, I'm
shocked.  Does anybody have any idea what would cause this?

Thanks in advance - Rob