  • Subject: Re: Is it possible to crack the BPCS Key logic? (OK, maybe FINAL this time)
  • From: DAsmussen@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 02:10:11 EDT

Shugarr,

In a message dated 10/11/00 11:09:50 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Shugarr@aol.com writes:

> "Please refrain from future postings of this nature.  Another one will get
you
>  barred from the list.  This list is _NOT_ for the purpose of avoiding
license
>  fees.  Besides, if you haven't figured it out in eight years, you don't
>  _deserve_ to..."
>
>  Dean you obviously are not keeping up with the latest news. SSA IS
BANKRUPT!
>  And it's very possible that Gores will not honor previous contactual
>  obligations when it comes to Keys. I don't have time to educate you on
>  Bunkruptcy laws but in a nutshell Gores can leave almost all debt and
>  contactual obligation with the old guard.  So a BPCS client would be in
deep
>  trouble on a Box Upgrade. I highly recommend you get with the program.
But, if
>  you haven't figured out your current contract with the old SSA you don't
deserve
>  the Message boards help.

SSA is bankrupt?  Really?  I had not heard that -- since about 5 minutes
after it made ANY POSSIBLE news several MONTHS ago.  Possible, schmossible.
You still have no moral, ethical, or most importantly LEGAL reason to break
the code, let alone encourage others to assist you in this endeavor, until
Gores _DOES_ renege on former agreements.  A box upgrade _STILL_ requires a
new _FEE_.

Let me educate _YOU_, sir, as I am certain that anyone that cannot use AOL's
automatic spell check has little to teach _ME_ (somehow I think that most
people could have managed better than "Bunkruptcy" and "contactual" _without_
a spell check).  First, SSA could easily have left you high and dry long ago
unless you had an ironclad and _verifiable_ software escrow account with
them.  Did you?  If so you have my congratulations, you're the first I've
heard of.  Second, you can "crack the code" all you want.  If you're
performing a CISC to RISC upgrade, BPCS _STILL_ won't work without RISC
copies from SSA of the unobservable KRSO objects found throughout the
package.  Can you say "upgrade fee"?  I knew you could...

Finally, I was quite surprised to discover how long you had been a member of
this list and yet learned so little about it.  "Get with the program"?
"...don't deserve the Message boards help"?  As far as this "message board"
(actually a listserv) is concerned, I _AM_ the program and _YOUR_ membership
in it suffers at _MY_ sole discretion.  I have terminated people for far more
legal activity than you have offered of late, but am _CERTAIN_ that you
merely made a mistake that will _NOT_ happen again.  The latter was _surely_
a result of my standing out of the way as moderator and allowing free
discussion -- Lord knows I am certainly happy to not be solely responsible
for submitting ideas in order to keep list traffic up any longer.

Oddly enough, I haven't had to "get ugly" with a non-vendor list member since
this list was founded in 1997.  Folks, let's keep it that way...

Regards,

Dean Asmussen
BPCS-L List Administrator
Fuquay-Varina, NC  USA
E-mail:  DAsmussen@aol.com

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please
everybody." -- Bill Cosby

+---