Genyphyr-
First let me start by saying that I have been running this particular
process every month for the last 36 months.  I am the MIS person
responsible.  I don't purge the ITH at month end, but I do run month-end
close from the  GUI menu.  I checked the BMR list - nothing.

The first time it happened I didn't realize it and continued my close
procedure.  It was the following morning when a user informed me that all
her inventory was not rolled up.  I remembered seeing another user signed on
the day before and decided he had caused the file to lock-up.  I have had
that happen before so I wasn't too surprised.   Fortunately  I save the ILI
file as part of the procedure and was able to write a program to roll it up
and back out any transactions for the new period.

The second time it happened I had added a check by running the stock status
summary report.  I spent an hour trying to figure out what was going on.  I
was the only person signed on to the system at the time and I checked for
IIM file locks.  I signed off and signed back on to make sure I didn't cause
it myself.    In fact I even rebooted my PC thinking something there was
messing it up.  Since, I close the period on a Sunday from home I didn't
have the SSA number to call and that was why I ran my own program the second
time - plus there are other jobs  I needed to run.

That Monday I copied the ILI  backup and the IWI and IIM from live to the
test area.  Ran  the INV972 roll ILI to IWI , IIM.  Then ran the month-end
close.  It worked just fine.  I still have no idea what happened, but I am
not looking forward to the next month-end close.

Any other ideas?

Regards,

Wendy DeCair
Country Fresh, LLC
a Suiza Foods Co

"You could be a liar.  You could also be a member of Congress.  But I repeat
myself."  -- Mark Twain