  • Subject: 405 CD Labor Batches in Transit
  • From: MacWheel99@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 16:27:33 EDT

Sometimes folks keying in labor ticket batches are not BPCS rocket scientists
& they send confused stories to MIS & Power User Help Desk personnel on what
precisely their problem is or any memories how they got there ... in other
words invariably we are trying to diagnose problem with some labor ticket
batch based on incomplete information.

SYS993C or something like that tells us status of batches in process for a
limited volume of tasks ... I have been assuming the story on SFC600 also
applies to JIT600.

FLT file contains member WORK which contains JIT600 SFC600 batch input which
has not yet been processed to a conclusion through 620 ... when the data
correctly updated through 620, the lines in WORK go away.  Do any other files
contain similar alternative members to contain JIT600 related batch data,
like wherever the inventory transactions are stored before 620, and are the
crew break down in what file?

We created a query to list FLT file WORK member sorted by User Session & Date
because one thing that was happening is some users forgot that labor input is
batched by work session & they get on another session & erroneously think
that the system has lost their batch, so they rekey it, so their original
data is sitting there unprocessed for a while, then some time later, after
some of the shop orders in the original data has been purged, someone keys a
batch to the same work station, but when the data gets to 620, the job bombs
because of the invalid shop orders in there from the ancient input.

Don't people run 610 edit report & see something strange there?  Oh people
run 610 but many users have a hard time understanding the report when nothing
is wrong.

What does LZ mean for Batch Status?  I know that for users trying to repair
these messes, it means they cannot get into that ticket #, but what is its
function in the flow of the data?  I suspect it means 620 bombed & user did
not tell MIS ... ie. the data was going to target & batch status being
flagged with what records got resolved, but never got purged because 620
never got to a conclusion.

Alister William Macintyre
Computer Data Janitor etc. of BPCS 405 CD Rel-02 on IBM e-Server i-Series 400
model 170 OS4 V4R3 @ http://www.cen-elec.com Central Industries of
Indiana--->Quality manufacturer of wire harnesses and electrical
sub-assemblies

+---