  • Subject: RE: Need Help With ECM - Inbound Orders - 850
  • From: "Rob" <stagis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 07:43:43 -0400

Um, what we did was some custom code.

BPCS 4.05CD using ex-Premenos/now-Harbinger EDI400.

I generated DDS for all the inbound files, wrote the translation formats,
and got the stuff coming in and moving to my custom files.  Then I wrote
screen maintenance programs that allow the customer service department to
review inbound items and either change or print them.  The next step was to
write a field-to-field translation program the plugged the data into the
'QUOTE' members of ECH and ECL, generating a new quote-order number in the
process.

The flow was:
Review the screen (incoming 850's in our case)
Print 'em if necessary
Modify 'em if necessary
Let 'em move to 'QUOTE'
Create an order from QUOTEs.

Our volume isn't large, and this has satisfied the need for being able to
manipulate a ton of changes (our customers must be the same ones as yours),
then allowing BPCS to take care of itself when the order is generated.  And
yes, it was a big programming job - I allocated 200 hours for 850's, 860's,
820's, 810's, 824's.