  • Subject: Re: ORD via EDI (was BPCS Users List Guidelines)
  • From: MacWheel99@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 23:12:29 EDT

We did EDI on BPCS/36 but abandoned it when we moved to BPCS 400.
Our scenario was highly modified in which we created our own interface files
containing data common to both EDI & BPCS.  The EDI data went to intermediate
files, in which BPCS did not get updated when other users were involved.

We abandoned EDI mainly because our customers could not stick to any
meaningful standards & had personnel with zero training in EDI constantly
trying to change the rules of exceptions to EDI.

>  From:    bjarman@focalsystems.com.au

>  Would be interested in feedback on the following.
>  1. Details of BPCS users receiving and acknowledging customer orders via
>  EDI.
>  2. For those doing this are you using ECM or EDIPath for mapping to and
>  from BPCS.
>  3. If not are there any other products similar to ECM & EDIPath being used
>  for this purpose.
>  4. If you are using ECM do you process against the online day (ie. while
>  other staff are entering orders online to BPCS) and if so does this cause
>  any problems.

Al Macintyre  ©¿©
http://www.cen-elec.com MIS Manager Programmer & Computer Janitor

Y2K is not the end of my universe, but a re-boot of that old Chinese curse.
This message was written and delivered using 100% post-consumer (recycled)
data bits
The road to success is always under construction.
Accept that some days you are the pigeon and some days the statue.
Murphy's Mom brought wrong baby home from hospital so it should be Kelly's
Law.
If consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, only geniuses work here.
When you want it cheap - you get what you paid for.
When in doubt, read the manual, assuming you can find the right one.
+---