  • Subject: Successful ERP is like NASA Mission to Mars
  • From: MacWheel99@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 15:13:41 EDT

Al Macintyre thought y"all might be interested.

Tech Republic sponsored by Gartner Group has been having some IT debates
about how come so many ERP implementation efforts end in failure.  The one
that ends mid-day Monday next is at

http://www.techrepublic.com/trbbs/message_detail.jhtml?thread_id=9402&thread_t
itle=IT+Debate%3A+Is+ERP+delivery+so+bad%3F&ooc=open

I really like proposed answer # SIX in which Jean-Marie says that ERP
implementation has to be as well planned as a NASA Mission to Mars, or else
it will probably fail, & then goes on to give a bunch of links to info on
Data Mining & Neural Networks.

Proposed answer # FIVE reminds us that most ERP packages include very complex
solutions that will take two to three years to fully roll-out & get ROI on,
but what usually happens is that the implementation team compromises on what
can be done in 6 months, then the company never invests that effort again to
implement the rest of the package's promises.

My 2 cents are in this debate also - I was one of the winners in last week's
debate on Internet Security for e-ERP.

Al Macintyre  ©¿©
http://www.cen-elec.com MIS Manager Programmer & Computer Janitor
+---