from Al Macintyre BPCS 405 CD

We managed to have a Decimal Data bomb with our May 9 shipping due to
(not a joking matter)
comedy of multiple human errors combination
& I tried to recover from BBL & ECH flags.

It looked to me like I had got the jobs to an almost satisfactory conclusion,
after many hours of futzing around with this & I randomly checked data files
for what we had shipped, such as what went into Receivables, Inventory
Changes, and Revised customer Requirements.

I saw a lot of suspicious stuff, but was not able to identify anything
specifically wrong with the data connected to my repair or defusing of the
bomb, but since I do not normally involve myself in some details, I do not
recognize what is normal garbage & what is garbage specific to this scenario,
so I alerted my users to also do some checking of the data output.

Apparently many of my users also do not normally involve themselves in
details of what is happening behind the BPCS scenes either, so now "lost soul
Al" has grown to a mob of lost souls, with different people's minds boggled
with different nuances.

Thanks to user at start of bomb taking cancel without capturing 2nd level
details, I don't know specifics of what triggered it ... I only have
suspicions.  Fortunately it has been many months since the last time we went
down this particular memory lane, so hopefully we will get this mess cleaned
up long before it happens again.

RAR file questions

Is it normal to have records with no customer #?  (All zeros is not a valid
customer #)
I looked up sales order on some of them & they apparent duplicates with
customer dropped & document numbering mismatch.
I was expecting possibly play money resupply orders.

What will happen to RAR records that do not have a valid customer but are on
valid sales order?

Are receivables total to customer stored any place other than RAR & RCM?

If one of our good buddies, who knows all the answers, calls in (you know who
you are) ... ask for Mike but wait until next week (he is out of town,
talking to Al via PC Anywhere).

Al Macintyre  ©¿©
http://www.cen-elec.com MIS Manager Programmer & Computer Janitor

Incidentally, my home PC still has debris from last week's Love Worm, but I
am making progress at the Norton site figuring out how to cope with that mess.
+---