this has intrigued me all afternoon. obviously 3.12 is not Y2K compliant, but
does it need to be? if this is a new installation, and no history needs to be
converted into the new system, is Y2K an issue? will the system run until the
end of the century as long as all dates in the system are greater than
1/1/2000? the bigger question is how did the other plants that are already
using this system handle the Y2K problem?

chick doe
barton instrument systems

>>> Roger.Wolf@garmin.com 05/05/00 04:33PM >>>
BPCS 3.12 is a very old release of BPCS that was not century dated.
Something must of been done to make it Y2K complainant.
You may be able to talk to the other facilities that use it to find some
information on it.  I do believe there are manuals out there on it.  I used
to work on that version a very long time ago.  I think it is mostly or all
wrote in RPG not ASSET.

I think the base 3.12 functioned basically the same as the newer releases
with not as many bells and whistles.

Think you must of had some substance modification to not go to BPCS 405 CD
or a newer version.

That's my 2 cents worth.

Best Regards,
Roger