  • Subject: Re: ITH not posted to Gen Led (Was CST600 rollup)
  • From: MacWheel99@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 03:09:54 EDT

Thanks - that reminds me of another way to muck this up - we had some
adjustments made to our naming system for legitimate warehouses & locations &
we discovered that it was possible to delete a warehouse that had locations
attached containing inventory, even though the warehouse had no inventory,
because pluses & minuses cancelled ... so basically we had discontinued the
warehouse but overlooked some locations in it & some of those locations had
inventory that had not been zeroed out.  We had to re-instate the warehouse
to clean out the inventory in the bad locations - now depending on how often
ITH to GLD is scheduled, if the location is no longer valid when you do that
& if you are doing it by detail, I do not know if you will update GLD
correctly.

We now have warehouses in which the first character corresponds to the
facility & the second character to the BPCS item type ... end items, work in
process, raw materials, rejects & we have a warehouse "in transit to" one per
facility for stuff that we know it is on its way & will be here real soon ...
which is used mainly for inter-facility transfers that are in neither
facility but are on some company vehicle.

The warehouses we eliminated were associated with a union strike ... the
inventory "belonged" to a particular facility, but was "physically" at a
different facility (out of reach of sabotage).

> Subj:  Re: CST600 question; what controls rollup of buckets?
>  From:    Mariekaesb@cs.com
>
>  I would look to my location master, first.  Are these all the same
> location?
>  If you have a hosed up general ledger account in a location it will cause
>  this problem.

Al Macintyre  ©¿©
http://www.cen-elec.com MIS Manager Programmer & Computer Janitor
+---