  • Subject: Re: BPCS Self Billing
  • From: MacWheel99@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 11:15:30 EDT

alison_quinton@uk.xyratex.com writes:

> BPCS 6.0.02 MM
>
>  We have been asked to look at Self Billing through BPCS however it has
>  been implied that this can not be done without the purchase of
>  additional software. Is anyone using core BPCS functionality to perform
>  this activity?

We have done "Self Billing" 3 ways.
1. Have a different environment for each division & treat each other as if
another company ... not a good solution because of all the extra data
processing.
2. Use Facilities for each division & treat each other as if another company
in which Purchase Orders from one facility to another are entered as Customer
Orders ... this is better, but accounting still does not want to do the play
money transactions.
3. Use SSA's module DRP to handle the inter-facility requirements, bypass
Purchase Orders entirely, and use Customer Orders type 9, with Resupply
Orders ... you need to comprehend the documentation on DRP ... a few things
have to be done a bit differently.

Any time you need to use a module of BPCS that was not on the set that you
contracted to use, there is a financial hit with SSA, but this is probably
less painful than trying to buy some non-SSA stuff & integrating it.

Al Macintyre  ©¿©
http://www.cen-elec.com MIS Manager Programmer & Computer Janitor
+---