  • Subject: Re: UPGRADING OS400 & BPCS
  • From: pgreenfi@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 17:17:40 -0600

1.   One of the major benefits of upgrading to V6.1 is performance.  Even in a
Green Screen environment you should notice the difference.   In Mixed-Mode V6.1
the Client Server version of COM is replaced with a Green Screen Order Entry
which is much faster.

2.   IBM no longer supports V3R7 of OS/400 therefore neither does SSA.  If you
experience any problems they cannot be replicated by SSA or IBM.   V4R4 has,
amongst many other things, improved performance especially in the Database area
(SQL).

These are just a couple of reasons, I'm sure others will add to them.

Regards
Peter

"oludare" <oludare@ix.netcom.com> on 03/28/2000 02:47:39 PM

Please respond to BPCS-L@midrange.com