  • Subject: Re: CMFL03 Logical File Corruption
  • From: MacWheel99@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 16:52:00 EST

... simple solution to your corrupted logical, against a valid physical, is
to recompile it on a dedicated machine.  Sometimes when things go haywire, it
just pays to fix it & hope that it will never happen again.

We are running MM 405 CD on AS/400 RISC

We have had BMRs with bugs or our misconceptions in how to apply new logicals
& files & data structures that come with new releases, resulting in some
logicals pointing at wrong libraries & we need to figure out how to compare
contents of literals so we can identify what was added in a release on
library list above literals we had done a lot of undocumented changes to

Costs can also be a timing problem of many cooks, since CMF is driven by CIC
& human error.  CIC file does not get populated in the first place (facility
specific IIM clone) until transactional activity relevant to MRP, or human
MRP140 intervention, so new items never get CMF cost for their first
transactions that populate CIC.

Query/400 can list everything in one file that is NOT a match in another file
... we ran CMF vs CIC & found records on both sides with no match.  Aggregate
human errors we assume.  The key here is not to assume anything ... look for
all combinations - logical as well as illogical.

Calculated total of all cost buckets is actually bucket ZERO, not blank, on
our 405 CD.  INV300 gets its costs via call to program that accesses CMF.

Our biggest problem with disappearing info is users not noticing remembered
key settings or screen filters set quite right.

> We are running AS/400 MM 6.02.  We have had actual and standard costs
>  disappear from our INV300 screens.  We have also seen costs disappear from
>  our invoice process.  The CMF (cost master PF file) had all of the
>  appropriate costs in it.  We traced the problem back to a logical file
>  (CMFL03) that became corrupted but, we have yet to determine what corrupted
>  the logical.

Al Macintyre  ©¿©
http://www.cen-elec.com MIS Manager Programmer & Computer Janitor
When in doubt, read the manual, assuming you can find the right one.
+---