  • Subject: Re: AS/SET ADK 6.00.04 COMPILATION (RPG & SQLRPG)
  • From: DAsmussen@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 00:52:59 EST

Dare,

In a message dated 2/16/00 4:26:26 PM Eastern Standard Time,
oludare@ix.netcom.com writes:

> I'm on BPCS 6.00.02.
>  I made changes to BOM500D1 (rename to BOM50CD1) compile with source &
> objects option but the display program (RPG) is not created.  I manually
> compiled the source as SQLRPG and it compiled.  My question is how do I
> complile within asset using option 7?  Is there any attributes or settings
> that need to be changes within my ASSET application?
>  Please HELP.

AS/Set option 7 should work in all cases.  Why did you rename the program?
BPCS will not run a program with a different name unless you include it in
the "BPCS Security Objects" file and call it with the first six characters of
the program name.  Diagram name and object names are irrelevant to the BPCS
menu system.  Custom programs should be compiled into your equivalent BPCSUSR
library, rather than be renamed.

At all of my accounts using AS/Set, I create a command called WRKADKSPLF that
prompts for a diagram name.  The command uses a CL CPP to perform a WRKSPLF
with the user running the generator and user data of the diagram name.  This
should bring up the CA0085O, any display/print files, the RPG, and the
CA09910 of each compilation of a given action diagram.  If your compile is
failing, the reason should appear here.  Renaming the program may cause you
problems beyond compile failure...

HTH,

Dean Asmussen
Enterprise Systems Consulting, Inc.
Fuquay-Varina, NC  USA
E-mail:  DAsmussen@aol.com

"A country is not judged by its' ability to make war, but it's ability to
maintain peace." -- Gene Roddenberry
+---