from Al Macintyre in the dark ages of loving both Twinax and GUI & wanting
the best of both worlds.

> Please could you explain in a little more detail, what you mean by
> BPCS 'can work on a web browser'.

BPCS 405 Cd can also be directly accessed via web browser of in-house
employees or our customers or vendors, with extra security on top of BPCS &
AS/400 to compensate for 400 security undermined by BPCS, using your choice
of products that put a GUI face on BPCS source code for the web language of
your choice ... check out the products provided by

http://www.lansa.com
http://www.seagull.com

Twinax can connect to e-mail, shared document folders, & other PC-like
services bypassing client server networking, with forms for input to BPCS
files that blend into web sites via

http://www.seacrest.com

There are also some products that put 400 reports onto web site so that for
example customers can view latest shipments to them, without directly
accessing BPCS, or we can send 400 spool file reports via e-mail, such as

http://www.datawatch.com = Monarch
http://www.evergreeninteractive.com/
http://www.gumbo.com

Customers can order direct from BPCS V6 through the internet using products
from:

http://www.ironside.com

I can probably cite some other sites.

Al Macintyre  ©¿©
http://www.cen-elec.com MIS Manager Programmer & Computer Janitor
http://www.whma.org = our nitch industry has a large committee searching for
ErPdMes products right for WHM without work-arounds, which for many members
resemble a snipe hunt - if you are in this software business & want to fix
your product so it will not be mistaken for what your competition has been
doing, then you might want to join our great game.
+---