  • Subject: RE: BPCS Month-end close processes
  • From: "Lacelle, Marc" <LACELLE@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 14:39:26 -0500

Hi Ho

        Been rather busy for the last few days. Sorry for the delay in
response time.

Break time: What does a fish say when he hits a cement wall "Dam"

        Back to business

Many things have been said on this subject.

        Users signed on when job running
        Client Server
        Reorg Programs
        SSA

1. Users signed on when INV903,INV920 running
        SSA advised of 14 files to verify when month end run. BAD NEWS, what
about ZPA, HPC,         ZXU, ZMA, ZSC and so on.
        You can't rely on the 14 files they gave you. What if a user is
signed on to BPCS but sitting   on a main menu. You submit month end process
and this user decides to post transactions      using INV500. Month end
dies.

        How to Fix. WRKOBJLCK OBJ(BPCSXXXF/ZSC) OBJTYPE(*FILE)

        The ZSC file is the Security Master File, all users logged on to
BPCS use this file. If you      need to know who is on BPCS use the ZSC
file.

        Client Server: No problem use the ZQWS or the ZQWR file to find out
who is on the Client    side.

2. Reorg Programs.

        IN THIS ORDER

        INV970 the most destructive program ever written by SSA. Only run
this after month end. I have deleted this program and written an SQL to
replace it. (Users can't run SQL statements)
        INV972
        INV973
        SFC990
        ORD990
        INV971
        SYS990
        SYS994
        MRP990
        SFC971
        ACR970

3. Automated Month End
        When I respond to automated month ends, I though you were talking
about INV903. I replied         that I had an Asset program and CL's to
submit INV920. Sorry I don't. We don't run INV920               here. I felt
bad so I wrote a program this morning. Works like a charm.

4. Month End taking 18-20hrs
        So sorry
        It's either the size of your AS/400 or Data related.

For those interested in my Asset program and CL's that submit month end and
reorgs forward me your fax numbers.

+---