     Dean and everyone else:

     I would like to get clarification on the proper use of BPCS-L.

     First, messages like the one below (sorry to single you out, Peter,
     there are many who have done this) that are directed at a specific
     person and regarding a specific problem that one is experiencing which
     does not have broad relevance to other members of BPCS-L should be
     e-mailed directly to the person intended, correct?  I would like to
     ask participants to please do this to reduce the "noise level" of
     BPCS-L.

     Second, I have noticed that Genyphyr Novak of SSA has been an active
     participant of BPCS-L lately.  While it has been beneficial to have a
     direct channel via BPCS-L to someone of her experience level at SSA (I
     too have partaken of her bounty of knowledge in this manner) I would
     hate to see BPCS-L become some kind of "alternate HelpLine" with
     people posting messages to Genyphyr/SSA looking for "official"
     into that, either.  I think this also fits into the first point above
     as it is a direct message to a single recipient (Genyphyr/SSA) and
     should be sent via established channels (direct e-mail to her or
     HelpLine).  The response, of course, would also be outside BPCS-L.

     As with anything, there may be exceptions to these guidelines
     especially if there are benefits for many BPCS-L users (personally,
     I'd like to post a message to Genyphyr asking about SSA's plans for a
     V6.1 cume and see what I get back).  I welcome posts from Genyphyr or
     anyone at SSA that fit this category, just as I would welcome them
     from BPCS users.  I guess the thing to remember is that our time is
     precious and our e-mail abundant, so please keep it relevant to all.

     Comments welcomed.

     Kevin Catlin
     CYTEC Industries
     kevin_catlin@gm.cytec.com

_________________________________ Subject: Re: july99cum
Author:  BPCS-L@midrange.com at Internet Date:    02/01/2000 6:19 AM

Hi Genyphyr,
Our users have not instaled july client, we use green screens for ORD. New
client is in me PC only, there was User pref set to interactive, i changed
it to batch.
On ORD700 green screen is user pref. set to Batch.

CPR135D2          BPCS  BIOTIKA a.s. ?IVÉ PROSTREDIE        ICL4022B
31/01/00
Oprava                Správa aktivít servera                HALUSKA
21:41:38

Server
CEA500B Stav servera
Aktívny Spust. rady načítan