  • Subject: Re: Inventory Month End Close
  • From: "Genyphyr Novak" <novakg@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 13:56:13 -0600

Hello,

Just a quick reminder:

What version and style of BPCS you are running makes a big difference in the
case of work management for BPCS jobs. Please be sure to post what version
of BPCS you are on when listing suggestions. The original question on this
thread came from a user of 6.1.00 Full Client/Server BPCS - all daemons, all
TCP/IP all the time. No green screen, no workstation names, no Client
Access, and very few applications using the old ALAUNCH 1st Generation
daemon. Thus solutions based upon Mixed Mode or BPCS CD installations of
BPCS will be entirely different, and don't apply to the situation faced by
the full GUI users running mostly a NEWI daemon.

TCP/IP connections into C/S BPCS can use various subsystems, as this is
configurable within the daemons. Full Client Server BPCS ships with its own
subsystem for 2nd Generation jobs, so ending QCMN would not accomplish the
task of getting rid of all BPCS interactive users. And in any case, don't
forget about scheduled batch jobs that run automatically with no interactive
user attached at all. . .

For Mixed Mode users, the default for GUI APPC connections was to run in
QCMN, but if you have TCP/IP, again, there is no reason to keep using QCMN
and this could have been configured to run anywhere desired.

Thanks

Genyphyr Novak
SSA