  • Subject: Re: Stock Allocation
  • From: "Genyphyr Novak" <novakg@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 12:33:00 -0600

>I complete agree with Bill.
>
>Some years working with BPCS, learnt me that, modify it's code is not the
>better idea. Each new release you will receive in the future, you have to
>waste YOUR time again doing the same changes to another source program.-
>I always expect that SSA makes those changes.

This is a good idea. How many of you have called the SSA Helpline to
official find out if there is a BMR for this or if not, request Helpline
enter an 'E' BMR to have this changed? Has anyone done this yet?

If not, I would recommend you do so, as that is the official way to get your
request for new functions into the system so that SSA R&D is aware of the
need for the new message or change. It does not guarantee anything, but if
you never use the process at all, you do ensure it will not change.

If someone has requested this already (perhaps a long time ago against an
old release?), please post the BMR number here so that others can call or
request the BMR be 'escalated' or re-opened against a current release, so
that R&D is made aware of the demand for the fix when planning a new
release.

Thanks

Genyphyr Novak
System Software Associates