  • Subject: Re: Slow Performance with BPCS User Signon after Y2K
  • From: "Genyphyr Novak" <novakg@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 10:40:16 -0600

ScottConsBPCS@aol.com writes:

> We are experiencing a very unique problem.  Not sure wether it is related
>  Y2K or not.  I am aware of the access path for V4R2 for a user that needs
>
>  be created so that it doesn't take an hour for the user to signon
however,
>  since Y2K, it seems to take forever for a user to signon.  I have
examined
>  the sql trace and found the system is now building an index for the
ZX3L01
>  and the ZXOL01.  It is taking our users approx 3 min to signon on a 720.
>  Prior to Y2K it was almost instant.  When I examine the trace, it says
that
>  permanent access path cannot be built and that *MAP ASCEND is the
temporary
>  access path that was built.   If anyone could please help, it would be
>  appreciated....  Is this a Y2K issue, SQL optimizer bug?????/
>
>  TIA
>
>  Jeff
I just now got around to reading this posting. . . and this sounds familiar.

There is an issue on V6004 BPCS where a prior BMR to fix a problem with
security not being checked for 1 particular object messed up SYS500 by
making it check all BPCS objects (not just menu objects), for authority.
This BMR got pulled in on the Y2K stuff by default of the BMR tree that is
built in an explosion - so this is NOT a Y2K problem, just a co-oincidence.
The BMR that caused this also is included in the July cume for 6004.

There is a corrective BMR52811 (it appears to be a 6004-only problem), which
delivers a new SYS500B and then has a README telling you how to set security
properly for the particular object in question that the first BMR was done
for (I think it was SYS901? )
- by making that a object into a menu object in BPCS security.

Check out BMR52811 if building the ZXO logical workaround does not do the
trick.

Thanks

Genyphyr Novak
SSA