  • Subject: RE: Routing Scenario
  • From: "Laurent PENOU" <bpcs@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 23:54:06 +0100
  • Disposition-Notification-To: "Laurent PENOU" <bpcs@atlt.com>

Hi Lenny,

To do this you should be on BPCS 6 (not 4.05)

SFC650 could perform what you require with good setup

First the parent should by defined with "bypass WIP = Yes"
(for me unless you know you need a 'No' for that field you
 should alwas setup with 'Yes')

In the BOM all components must be linked to an OP number

In the routing,
First OP must be non collectable
 In the related W/C the from location will
 be the backflush location

Second one must be collectable
 In the related W/C the to location will
 be where the stock will be stored

Reporting using SFC650
----------------------
On the first OP, time and components
will be backflushed in relation with
the quantity declared in the second OP

ie: if you S0 was for 100KG and your
    theoritical component usage was 110 KG
    if you've produced 120KG the usage
    will be 110*1.2 KG
    if you've produced 110KG and scrapped
    10 KG of finished product the usage
    will be 110*(1.1+.1) KG

On the second OP the components will be
backflushed in the relation with the qty
declared BUT the time will be the one
entered in SFC650

Tip: there is two schools
 1- you want time to be backflushed
    so the last routing OP will not
    handle any time (call it reporting)
    SFC650 will backflush time of the
    previous OP's

 2- you want time to be reported
    you enter on the last OP the sum
    of all time spend on the SO
    (in that case you need to work
     with your cost accountant to have
     routing defined correctly for cost
     purpose between Std and Actual)

Hope this could Help
Regards

PS: if you're using V4.05 a possibility could
    be using JIT600 (but some mods could be required)