We have done the COURSES and got the manuals and printed the runbooks
and I got the redbook
but none of the stuff we got is really useful.  There is information but
it is a mismash and hodgepotch.

RUNDOC is how to operate BPCS from a USER perspective.
RUN BOOKS are good and necessary but by no means complete.

BPCS has  very little or no SYSTEMS documentation, or none that I can
get hold of.

I base my next comments on IBMs MAPICs documentation.  I did not think
much of MAPICS but as the old song goes, 'You dont know what you got
till its gone.' and I still reminisce about the good/bad ole days.
[I miss MAPICS :]'

By  SYSTEMS  I  mean a,
REFERENCE manual that explains the CONCEPTS that  BPCS uses.
(MRP, COSTING,  GL  ORDER PRICING, Outbound logistics, Warehouse
Management ETC. ETC ETC)

And a TECHINICAL manual that explains to a programmer how the individual
RPG programs work and how the various Menu CL options function (the
links between the programs and files , was once called system flow
charts).

And a DATABASE manual that defines for every file, every field in the
file, what values the field carrys and what the values mean with a
reference to where they are used and why.

And EDUCATION manuals that teach people how to work BPCS.

I DO NOT mean Cross-Reference information, I can get that via a number
of other utilities.

I believe all 5 manuals should be separate and NOT combined in a single
mismash of information.

Genyphyr Novak wrote:

> This information in the DOC menu is shipped with the 6.0.04 release.
> If you
> are in Full C/S it is harder to access, because there is no menu for
> it, but
> from within green screen, the DOC menu is there with RUNDOC
> information.
>
> The way to print the RUNDOC in full client server  is through STRPDM
> command. Take option 3) Work with Members. Fill in the prompt as
> follows:
> FILE: BPCSDOC,    LIBRARY: BPCSO (Object lib) MEMBER: *ALL (enter).
> This
> will   display each BPCS how-to doc by member name. Use option 6 to
> Print
> each one individually. There are postings on OGS FAQ which describe
> this.
>
> There is also a good deal of information on the PC Client software
> help text
> (Note:  to get an overview version of the .hlp file  use the Contents
> button
> rather than the F1 context sensitive help) and in the PC directory
> tree for
> documentation if you choose to install it when you install BPCS.
>
> In addition, SSA and IBM recently published a Redbook with performance
>
> tuning tips in it, which are up to date for eBPCS. The URL for the
> Redbook
> was advertised on line here last week.
>
> You should also be able to book training to take place on site for you
>
> company. This can be done by asking your account representative to
> contact
> SSA Services.
> The SSA Education page lists current courses on line, and has on line
> registration for North America at :
> http://www.ssaportfolio.com/company/education/
>
> Thanks
>
> Genyphyr Novak