  • Subject: RE: AS/400 IP COMMUNICATION WAIT TIME
  • From: Doug Schneider <dschneider@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 19:08:46 -0500

I would not recommend that you disconnect your RJ45 from the AS/400.  It's
not so bad that the AS/400 can/will recover your session, but now with all
the jobs in a recovery scenario, your AS/400  will have to recover however
many user jobs that are active.  Also, the ethernet line could go into
recovery/pending.  To correct that situation, you would have to end TCPIP
(ENDTCP) and then vary off and on the line to recover, then restart TCPIP.
 In the meantime, the green screen  may recover at next signon, but  the
status of any client/server jobs could cause problems with transactions
that have not completed successfully.

If you are so inclined to do it, DO IT!!!  It's your system, but myself, I
have other things to do than recover my system and data.

I say BEWARE!!!

Douglas J. Schneider
G/S Software Solutions