  • Subject: Y2K issue with AR Credits
  • From: MJOconnor <MJOconno@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 09:43:43 +1300

Gidday from DownUnder - NZ,
Members may be interested to know that we have found no major problems so
far.
The only pro-active change we have made to our BPCS install, has been to
change the
Client-PC Regional Settings config for short-date style from "yy" to "yyyy".
We found this was necessary when problems were experienced last year in
testing with the Period Table maintenance.

We have however found a Y2K problem with the processing of Credit Notes in
the Accounts Receivable module.

Our platform is as follows:

BPCS CS:        6.0.02 "pld" installed October 1996 - Note: NO BMR's applied
Database:       Informix v7.1
OS:             HP Unix v10.20

The nature of the problem that has now been found, is that when using the
SCM-RMA facility, the Item & Description fields were both blank and the user
was unable to input the relevant details. However, the Credit $ and PO
reference etc were correctly shown.

The problem appears to be "related to/caused by" differences in the way in
which 2 fields in the sih & sil tables are 'system managed', relevant to AR
Document Sequence Numbering.

                In the sih table the ihdyr & ihodyr fields cycle from 99 to
0.
                In the sil table the ildyr & ilodyr fields cycles from 99 to
100.

We usually cycle our Document Sequence Numbering around each Financial
(Calendar) Year, but to provide an interim WORKAROUND to the above problem
we have now extended the expiry date for the "99" sequence numbering to
31/12/2000.

Once we made this change to our Document Sequence Numbering, the usage of
the RMA facility returned to "normal".

We would be interested to know how other subscribers handle this situation.

BFN
Martin O'Connor
TOYOTA New Zealand Ltd
PO Box 46 PALMERSTON NORTH, NZ
Email          martin.oconnor@toyota.co.nz <mailto:mjoconno@toyota.co.nz>
DDI             NZ 64 6 350 3415
CellPh       A/Hrs 021 734 952
http://www.toyota.co.nz <http://www.toyota.co.nz>
http://www.lexusnz.co.nz

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This email is confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the
intended recipient please notify the sender immediately. You must not copy
or use it for any purpose or disclose its contents to any other person. The
sender accepts no responsibility for viruses received with or changes made
to this email after it was sent. Any opinion expressed in this email may be
personal to the sender.

+---