  • Subject: Re: Keep sequence of labour tickets in S.O.
  • From: MacWheel99@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 11:12:19 EST

>From Al Macintyre BPCS 405 CD AS400

> Subj:  Keep sequence of labour tickets in S.O.
>  From:    hason@pbsvb.cz (PBS Velka Bites, a.s. - AIS)
>
>  BPCS v.6.0.04 AS400

Have you modified shop orders or are you running vanilla?
What SFC-related modules are you using in conjunction with SFC?
CIM INV JIT MRP PRF SFC

>  We are looking for parameter setting to keep sequence of labour tickets
>  according to operation nr in shop orders.
We do not have this problem, but then we are heavily modified
The file FOD has logicals keyed on So# then Operation#

>  Second question:
>  Is it possible not to allow receipt to stock from a shop order until
>  posting all labour tickets (FOD.ORUN=FOD.ORUNP & FOD.OSET=FOD.OSETP)?
Depending on what kind of reporting you do, there may be some other fields
... RUN is the human labor ... we also have reporting on automated factory
machines.

>  Any experiences?
>
>  Thanks in advance
>           Otto

Our recent interest & experience is somewhat the opposite of yours, but we
did do something similar when we were on BPCS/36.

One challenge is that labor reporting drives shop order purging ... as soon
as all the operations have got their act together from a labor reporting
perspective, SSA deems the time right for that shop order to disappear in the
normal shop order purge cycle, even if the inventory transactions are not
complete up-to-date, so if you want to delay inventory input for some reason,
you will need to scramble when the labor is all in, or risk losing a key
window of opportunity.

Currently we are using JIT6* very heavily, in which the inventory is consumed
in sync with the labor reporting.  On BPCS/36 we had to do SFC6* for the
labor and INV5* for the inventory sides of shop floor reporting, which was
deemed as being duplicate entry work, so we wrote a modification called
"Backflushing from Labor" in which the labor history transactions between
some date range were used to compute the inventory transactions that must
have been involved in doing that labor & this was usually done each evening
for the prior day's input - Mondays we did it for thru the weekend just in
case someone worked the weekend.  This Backflushing was done before any
Purging.

There were some complications - we had to modify the whole purge cycle to
block purging until the inventory was satisfactory.  We had added fields to
the file layouts to include stuff that is now on BPCS 405 but was not on
BPCS/36, to say WHO did this transaction (user sign on) and WHEN was it
entered (system date of keying) not when they said the transaction occurred.
I thought some people were getting confused which date to use in which
circumstances.

Eventually we abandoned the Backflushing from Labor because we found we had
serious reporting problems with the labor compared to the accuracy of the
inventory control clerks, at which point we only used the portion that was
Backflushing Scrap reporting.

Al Macintyre
+---