  • Subject: Rounding Problem - Multi Currency
  • From: Assetguru@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 06:31:46 EST

Hello...

We are having rounding errors..Credits donot match debits when converting from
- USD to PHP(Philipines Peso). When we maintain the events in maintain events
that relate to billing rounding errors....
 I opened the event and when I pressed OK I got a message that said "rounding
will be performed on the book amounts, press enter to continue". I pressed
enter.
 When I went back into the same event the debits and credits equalled so it
appeared that the rounding function mentioned above did the trick.
 Next I pressed Post to post the g/l and got an error message "an error was
encountered while validating update of event 16:journal BL0007 is not balanced
 at Balancing Point CO" but I know it does (at least on the screen).

 how on earth can we fix this?

 p.s. we changed the exchange rate to go out 7 decimals and it didn't change
 the results...the next invoice was out of balance also...by .03 pesos.

 p.p.s the next change we made (and will have to wait for the next invoice to
 test) is that we made PHP(Philippines Peso) half adjust round to nearest .05.

 thanks
 nazir

+---